The MYFutures Junior Tour is promoted by MYFUTURES INITIATIVE SDN BHD, a commercially-driven social enterprise, which purpose and intent is to develop junior golf in Malaysia, by creating a structured long-term strategy to raise the standard of Malaysian youth golfers.
The Tour relies solely on its founding partners and corporate sponsors, in addition to entry fees, to run the MYFutures Junior Tour successfully and professionally.
- Streamlining the operating expenditure to facilitate affordable entry fees.
- Improving the perceived value of participation by ensuring that tournaments not only provide good value for money but that Tour players are duly rewarded.
- Increasing the level of participation with the introduction of regional tournaments, which will cater to existing grassroots programmes in the various states.
- Introducing a new handicap-based classification model to better suit existing needs.
- Developing more sponsor-friendly policies so that the Tour is sustainable long-term through corporate backing.
- Building a compelling communication platform to raise awareness of the Tour through a mix of traditional (print and visual) and non-traditional media such as websites, social media etc.
- Elevating the level of professionalism with the introduction of a fixed schedule, online registration/payment methods, live scoring solutions and annual rankings.